Emergency Air Conditioning Service
Computer systems and other electronic installations play a vital role in many business operations and they need to operate with complete reliability at all times. Mission-critical business applications demand 99.999% availability of IT systems that rely on cooling and air conditioning for consistent performance.
We offer a bespoke service to IT Managers, Building Managers, or anyone who has the responsibility to maintain Server Room / Computer Room temperature, whether end user or contracted supplier.
The majority of our emergency response calls involve the failure of air conditioning equipment associated with critical temperature computer and server rooms.
Whilst in most server room environments there will undoubtedly be back up drives, UPS and emergency plans for the failure of the computer equipment itself, it is unlikely that the air conditioning system has inbuilt spare capacity and that a suitable plan exists to support it in the event of breakdown. At best, this will usually rely on the call-out facility of the air conditioning maintenance contractor and - as quick and competent as the technician may be - if the failure is due to an obsolete or obscure part, there is little he can do.
At this point you have two options:
- Call a local hire company and arrange for delivery of a mobile cooler in the hope that it will be suitable. On arrival, you will need to find a suitable power supply and work out how to duct the waste heat to atmosphere. It’s often the case that all the sockets are in use and the room is internal with no natural ventilation.
- Contact Cooling Equipment Hire. We will have visited your site and carried out a risk assessment that has identified the type and capacity of cooling equipment most suitable for your requirements. We will have advised on any pre-works required - i.e. power supply and ventilation requirements - so that when needed, the equipment can be installed quickly in your server room and can begin working effectively.
Based on your needs, our services include:
- Carrying out a site inspection, giving advice on the type and capacity of air conditioning equipment that you would require in the event of your existing equipment failing, and recommending any pre-works required to facilitate installation.
- Having surveyed the premises and subject to pre-works having been completed, we can react quickly to your request and deliver suitable equipment for immediate installation.
- The supply of equipment to site on a non operational agreement so that it is immediately available for use in the event of failure of the on-site air conditioning units.
Cooling Equipment Hire Ltd - Server room and computer room air conditioning specialists. To contact us, click here or call 01706 643003